Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eh, what's up doc?

J gave me my PIO shot the other morning as usual. As he was massaging the injection site, he started whistling the overture to the Barber of Seville. (I know. All I can say is J knows a lot of random and completely useless things.) Anyway, here's the conversation that followed.

Me: What are you whistling?
J: It's from the Barber of Seville.
Me: Why in the world is that going through your head?
J: It's from that Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs Bunny massages Elmer Fudd's head while giving him a shave. You know, the one where Bugs is a barber?
Me: Uh huh. (pause) So what you're telling me is that my butt reminds you of Elmer Fudd's bald head?
J: Well it doesn't sound so good when you put it like that.
Me: How exactly does it sound good?
J: (pause) I see your point.

15 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

that's funny :-)

 
At October 19, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Beagle said...

Cute! My husband comes up with some odd compliments as well.

They love us, that's what matters, right?

 
At October 19, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

LOL!

 
At October 19, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger soralis said...

:)

 
At October 19, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

love the cartoon!

 
At October 19, 2006 3:52 PM, Anonymous Meri-ann said...

hahahahahaha!!

 
At October 19, 2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Krista said...

he he he

I imagine it would be much worse if the comment was turned around. Be glad it's your butt reminding him of a bald head.

 
At October 19, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger r.a.w. said...

ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODES EVER!!!!! I had to play that in a concert once, and all I could think about was Bugs pouncing on Elmer Fudd's head.

 
At October 20, 2006 5:44 AM, Blogger fisher queen said...

Ha ha! I loved that!

 
At October 20, 2006 5:44 AM, Blogger Amy said...

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

 
At October 20, 2006 6:29 AM, Blogger MoMo said...

This is too funny!! By the way, Happy Anniversary--if I remember correctly, I think it is today!!

 
At October 20, 2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Fertile Soul said...

lol, i love this cartoon. I always hum this toon when my fingertips find there way to my dh's head. It's funny that i can do that, and he knows exactly what i'm referring to.

Yeah, fun times in the infertile world.

 
At October 20, 2006 8:42 AM, Blogger the waiting line said...

I haven't seen that cartoon in YEARS - but you brought it all back to me - LOL! :-)

 
At October 20, 2006 12:59 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

very funny! thanks for the laugh.

 
At October 20, 2006 1:11 PM, Anonymous Watson said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!

And I LOVE the visual :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home